Let’s Play Scrabble

My fondest memory of Scrabble is from back when I was about 14 and on a camping trip with my family. My Aunt Lillian was a Scrabble champion, always coming up with words you had no idea ever existed. She had a dictionary glued to her side for reference, just so she could school you whenever she had the chance. My favorite Scrabble moment with her, aside from watching her and Grandma argue over whether “talus” was a word, was when she whipped out the word boner like it was nothing and keep a perfectly straight face the whole time. BECAUSE SHE WAS GONNA WIN, DAMMIT.

Anyway, I bought a Scrabble board over the weekend even though I don’t think I’ve ever played an entire game in my life. That’s right, I didn’t buy it for Friday night board game fun, I bought it for art.

il_570xN.520372660_ssju

I probably need to make a “boner” print in her honor.

il_570xN.520375516_mgd6

These are a lot of fun to make, and since I don’t have Aunt Lil here to give me ideas, I’m recruiting you guys instead.

In the comments section, leave a word, phrase, or quote you’d like to see made into one of these photos. If I decide to use it, I’ll send you a 5×5 or 5×7 (your choice) print of it.

il_570xN.520436891_2u9r

It doesn’t have to be along the lines of “shit pickle” or “twat waffle,” either. No need to be crass if you don’t want to be, just creative! I spent $18.99 on a game I am terrible at playing so I’ll take all the ideas I can get.

il_570xN.520444543_tap5 (1)

BONER.

OH YEAH – you can buy all of these in my shop.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Posted on
This entry was posted in Business and tagged , , , .

12 Responses to Let’s Play Scrabble

1. Sarah says:

Now all I can think of are crass ones! I like the idea of one with “Dental” and “Dam” sharing the letter D, because it seems like they could have been thought of and used in a game completely independently with hilarious (to people with sophisticated senses of humour like myself) results.

One that just says “Word Snob” would be cool too.

2. Jeney says:

I have to say I am so glad I am not the only ones who uses the term “twat waffle” :-)

I’m currently feeling the harsh sting of losing in BOTH of my fantasy football leagues… so right now “Shit Sipper” is the first suggestion coming to mind!

3. Berrak says:

Douche Bagel.

Douche Nozzle.

Clearly, I’m a on a douche kick today.

4. nikkiana says:

OMG! Those are great!

5. Allyson says:

OMG! I love scrabble & these are totally making my day! I think “FUCK’S SAKE” would be funny, not only because I say that all too often, but because the grammar is questionable. :)

6. Ffion says:

These are amazing! :D Such a fun idea! And great visuals.

For some reason the only one I can think of right now is welsh and I don’t even know how to spell it.

7. Agent Q says:

Haha, I like how art and vulgarity make for a better art, whatever that means. xD
    Maybe it’s the romanticization of blocked letters? I don’t know…anyways, how about…”Skeptic”? Or Tart intersecting with Fart? :D

8. Holly says:

Love the ones you posted in your shop! The ‘Stay Weird’ print is just perfect.