This has been a horribly shitty week full of more stress than I was prepared to handle so I am trying to zen myself out by thinking about things that have made me not want to set all of southeast Michigan on fire.
- Starting my environmental blog back up. I know I said awhile ago that I would consolidate all those things onto this site, but it doesn’t feel right for this place. So if you are interested in the things I find interesting in the environmental design industry and other stuff about the earth and shit, check it out at sustainable-sass.com. It’s a work in progress. I love you.
- Hot olive oil treatments that make me not almost die of dry scalp.
- Twitter conversations with Erin and Cara because they are really fucking funny.
- Reading Cara’s book Elegantly Wasted and continuing to be fascinated by the fact that I can read books on my phone even though it is probably bad for my eyes.
- Biscuits. What an amazing food.
- Peanut butter. Especially peanut butter that comes in glass jars because then I can use them for candles.
- Friends who prefer binging on three-egg omelets and bacon to binging on badly crafted, overpriced cocktails.
- Having enough money to pay all my bills on time.
- Getting 3 free nail polishes from Zoya thanks to their 2013 promo.
- Air so cold it makes me feel parts of my lungs I forgot I have.
- Actually remembering to drink enough water.
- Open-minded gun control discussions.
- Finally getting a gym membership. I have been wanting to get one since we moved in October because I am too afraid of our new neighborhood to go running alone. The bonus to procrastinating is that we got the January “no startup fee” promotion.
- Going for a walk with Josh in the intimidating neighborhood and not having to think “fuck, I wish I didn’t leave my pepper spray at Grandma’s house” even once. Maybe it’s not so bad. Maybe I should get a dog.
- Feeling inspired to start swimming laps thanks to the fancy pool at the gym. Any advice on where to find an appropriate swimsuit for this would be much appreciated.
- Watching Weeds on Netflix. Such a good show.
What’s got you feelin’ good?January 17, 2013
Posted in Life