Eco Beauty: Cinnamon, Honey & Nutmeg Face Mask

This cinnamon, nutmeg, and honey face mask is my absolute favorite homemade beauty product because it’s easy to make and the ingredients aren’t rare or difficult to find. It is probably the ugliest thing I’ve ever put on my face, but between the delicious smell and the millions of good things it does for my skin, I can handle it.

This mask is great for stressed out skin and helps calm redness and swelling while fading acne scars. Honey and nutmeg are full of antioxidants and act as natural anti-inflammatories. The fine texture of cinnamon gently exfoliates your skin, improving circulation and bringing nutrients to the surface as you rub it on and wash it off. Basically it works miracles on acne, scarring, and an uneven skin tone. It also rinses very clean, leaving virtually no residue or tight feeling when you’re done.

I use an all-natural wildflower honey that I bought at the local farmer’s market. It’s darker in color and according to the cute old man that sold it to me, the darker the honey, the more antioxidants it has and the healthier it is for you. He also said that back in the day, honey was used as an antibacterial to clean wounds and kill microbes, so it really is a miracle worker for your skin.

Here’s what you’ll need:

1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

Mix it together until it’s a smooth, thick paste. Apply it all over your face in a circular motion and leave it on for 20-25 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water. You can massage it onto your face for a full minute before letting it sit if you want to really exfoliate and focus on evening your skin tone.

You’ll obviously want to test a small portion of this out on your skin before rubbing it all over your face, but I’d say as long as you don’t have sensitive skin and don’t rub too hard, you’ll be fine (but don’t take my word for it, I’m not responsible if this mask murders you in your sleep). It may cause a warming sensation – if it is too hot to handle, wash it off right away with cold water and use less cinnamon if you decide to try it again.

I’d show you a full photo of me in this mask but I’m too embarrassed so I’ll just say it can also be used as makeup if you’re auditioning for Jersey Shore: The Musical or as an Oompa Loompa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Posted on
This entry was posted in Beauty and tagged , , , , , , , , , .

16 Responses to Eco Beauty: Cinnamon, Honey & Nutmeg Face Mask

1. Sarah says:

definitely going to try this!

2. MBD says:

I’m going to try this too! Thanks for sharing!

P.S. I have been doing the shampoo/conditioner stuff you’ve recommended and like it a lot!

3. Pingback: Banana Hair Mask: Do Not Try This | Ginger Mandy

4. Olivia says:

It’s on my face now and it’s got a warming sensation? Also it’s dripping all over my shirt!

• Mandy says:

You may have put it on a little thick if it’s dripping, if it gets uncomfortable or starts burning your face then wash it off with cool water.

5. Renee says:

Hi! Does this still work without nutmeg?

• Mandy says:

I haven’t tried it without nutmeg but cinnamon and honey both have a lot of benefits for your skin so I’m sure it will work quite well :)

6. Marissa says:

I can’t wait to try this!!! Thank you.

7. Cindy says:

I tried this facial mask and I love the results. It makes my skin soft, smooth, and whiteheads & blackheads free.. I have been using this mask for 6 days now. It’s kind of messy but the result is good for me. When you put the mask on, you would feel a little bit of tingling and warmth but it didn’t bother me. That is normal. Be patient because the result is not fast. I noticed the improvement of my acne after 2 days of use. My pimples are much smaller and less visible. If you don’t have a sensitive skin, you can use this product to exfoliate your skin by rubbing it slow, in a circular motion. But if you have a sensitive skin, like mine, i do not recommend it because it aggregate your skin.

8. tima says:

Av been using this mask for two days now..I just hope it works bcoz my pimples are too much on my face..I like the smell thou.. Mandy do you think,it help get rid of my oil face too,coz my face is so oily

• Jessica says:

Try to tone with fresh lemon juice or just straight lemon. If you don’t like the lemon idea use an apple cider vinegar toner. I mix 2 tablespoons of the ACV with a little water and tone away. This cuts down on oil and I do this after this mask it works great!

9. Pingback: Cinnamon Nutmeg Body Scrub | Ginger Mandy

10. Amanda Green says:

Currently on my face! Can’t wait to see the results, going to try and use this one once a week or a few times a month.

11. Elvis says:

Works wonders! My boyfriend and I spend our evenings watching batman with this on our faces and we definitely can see an improvement to our skin! Great bonding time too! :)

12. Kaelin says:

I have it on my face now!! I saw this on a different website and it said to use 1 teaspoon of nutmeg and cinnamon. Does it matter if it is 1 teaspoon or 1/2 teaspoon? WIll there be any difference?